CONCRETE WEIGHT COATING (CWC)
Concrete Weight Coating
- CWC is a plant-applied coating used to achieve negative buoyancy for offshore pipelines or river/road crossing applications
- Bayou uses a compression wrap process which keeps the anticorrosion coating free of damage. Concrete is applied by wrapping a uniform layer while simultaneously wrapping reinforcing wire within the concrete coating for stability
- A calculated mixture of cement, sand, iron ore and wire wrap is applied to a predetermined thickness level
- Bayou’s CWC system is typically used in conjunction with other coating systems such as FBE and 3LP
- Bayou offers integrated anode installation to maintain the integrity of the cathodic protection system.
- Bayou also uses various methods to avoid slippage between the concrete layer and anti-corrosion coating, such as adding a rough-coat layer or applying a 2-component epoxy adhesive to bond the concrete to the coated surface
- Bayou has a containerized mobile CWC plant that offers CWC application in close proximity to the project site.
- Bayou has coated over 4.5 million ft. of pipe with CWC to date
- 6 in. min to 48 in. max OD
- Pipe lengths: 35 ft. min to 45 ft. max
- Density range: 140#, 165#, 190#, 210#
Click here to download Bayou’s Product Brochure
CONTACT US TODAY
Our team is ready to help you.