CONCRETE WEIGHT COATING
- Bayou uses a compression wrap process which keeps the anti-corrosion coating free of damage. Concrete is applied by wrapping a uniform layer while simultaneously wrapping reinforcing wire within the concrete coating for stability
- A calculated mixture of cement, sand, iron ore and wire wrap is applied to a predetermined thickness and density level
- The concrete weight coating system is typically used in conjunction with other coating systems such as FBE and 3LPP/E.
- Bayou uses various methods to avoid slippage between the concrete layer and anti-corrosion coating. These include adding a rough-coat layer or applying a 2-component epoxy adhesive to bond the concrete to the coated surface.
- Bayou offers integrated anode installation to maintain the integrity of the cathodic protection system.
portable plant capabilities
- Bayou has a containerized mobile CWC plant that offers CWC application in close proximity to the project site.
- 8 in. min to 48 in. max OD
- Pipe lengths: 35 ft. min to 45 ft. max
- Density range: 140#, 165#, 190#, 210#
To achieve negative buoyancy for:
- Offshore pipelines
- Pipelines in wetland environments
- River / Road crossings
MEDIA & LITERATURE