Glass Syntactic Polyurethane (GSPU)
About the Product
- GSPU is a reaction injection molding (RIM) product. System components are blended and injected into steel molds that surround the pipe’s outer surface.
- The product contains hollow glass microspheres (HGMS) to improve resistance to heat flow and are resistant to extreme crushing forces found at subsea water depths.
- GSPU is formulated to resist chemical breakdown in hot and wet service conditions that are typically found in subsea environments.
- GSPU delivers excellent thermal insulation, adhesion, impact strength and durability across a broad spectrum of demanding installation and operating conditions.
Bayou Wasco Facilitiy
- Modern and fully automated with minimal touch points between man and machine.
- Boasts a high speed insulation process that can produce three to five joints per hour.
- The plant’s advanced features allow for more precise control of pipe and mold temperatures, more accurate centering of pipe within the insulation, greater end-centering for improved field jointing, and 100% abrasion of FBE for superior adhesion.
- 3 in. min to 24 in. max OD
- Pipe lengths: 35 ft. min to 42 ft. max
- Thermal conductivity: 0.1-0.17 W/mK
- U-value range: 1.5 W/m2K and higher
- Min operating temp: -35°C
- Max operating temp: 100°C
- Water depth range: 0-3,000 m
- Deepwater locations
- Subsea, high temperature environments
MEDIA & LITERATURE